Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

My productivity is back!

I've been busy since I last blogged. After feeling a bit negative about crafting in general (in fact, pretty much life in general) the other week, I picked myself up, dusted myself off and started all over again.

Blueberry Pie

First off, I ripped back those socks I wasn't happy with, after deciding that they should be reborn as Mince Pie Mayhem from Alice Yu's Socktopus. Love the way they're turning out, though there are a lot of cables and I've not perfected the cabling with no cable needle technique.

If Some is Good, More is Better

And then, since that combination was going so well, I decided that more of the same could only be better. I consulted with my mum about making some socks for my Grandma - the genetic source for both my love of craft and propensity to have cold feet. She was a prodigious knitter of many decades, whose productivity has been curtailed by arthritis and general hand pain. Clearly a woman in need of socks, I've cast on the Om Shanti bed socks from Socktopus for her.

With one eye on my holiday next week, I decided to put the socks on hold for that and try something different....




OK, so those were all WIPs and I spent an afternoon finishing all four of them, but they are now done and ready to become something. Now I am trying to think what the should all be! This next one has already been decided upon, given that is was a kit, so I backstitched it and made it up:


And finally, I did this yesterday and the backstitch this morning. Another finished thing to turn into something :)


I've also been baking for Comic Relief and have some granola in the oven at the moment - I'll let you know how it turns out another day.

1 comment:

  1. I like the cross stitch. Particularly the sheep. Very cute. Once the knitting cables without a cable needle clicks, you will wonder why you thought it was so difficult. Just keep trying and eventually it with snap into place and you will leap forward in your cable knitting.

    ReplyDelete